Here's a closer look at our gorgeous Tearoom at 35 High St, Witney, Oxfordshire!
Here's a closer look at how we make our chocolate brownies by hand right here in the Cotswolds!
In January we introduced our "Goodness" menu featuring a selection of health-focused dishes including dairy free protein cookies and vegan sausage baps. Here's a few of the ingredients which make this seafood dish just so GOOD for you!
- Prawns are a fantastically low-fat source of protein, containing over 10 times more protein than fat.The majority of the small amount of fats in prawns are unsaturated which can help to improve cholesterol when consumed in place of saturated fats.
- Yoghurt dressing is very low fat compared to vinaigrette. Yoghurt is full of calcium & protein, which increases the body's production of chemicals which signal fullness.
- Avocados contain a variety of essential minerals including iron, copper and potassium and are a good source of the B vitamin, folate. They also have more soluble fibre than most other fruits.
Visit us in store to experience the "Goodness" menu for yourself! Our bakery & tearooms can be found in Stratford-upon-Avon, Cheltenham, Witney, Stow-on-the-Wold & Burford! See more details on our website www.huffkins.com
Smoked salmon & scrambled eggs has been a firm favourite here at Huffkins for a while now and is often enjoyed by people seeking out a healthy option. Here's a few of the health benefits of this dish:
- Smoked salmon is a great source of protein (about 18% of its weight is protein). As if that wasn't enough, it also contains B-complex vitamins, as well as vitamin D, magnesium, selenium and is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which have been linked to numerous health benefits including both eye health & fighting depression!
- A single egg contains c.7.5g of protein as well as carrying all nine essential amino acids which assists the body in metabolising & utilising the protein we consume in our diet. Indeed, it's for this reason that egg protein is the traditional "benchmark" of protein quality and is often referred to as a "complete" protein.
- Here at Huffkins we use local free range eggs from Billy's Eggs in Gloucestershire and responsibly sourced salmon. All our bread is handmade in our Witney bakery using local Matthews flour, so it has minimal "food miles". This means you can be sure that this dish is as good for the environment as it is for yourself!
You can visit us at any of our 5 locations across the Cotswolds if you'd like to try it for yourself, we'd be delighted to welcome you. This dish is featured on our "Goodness Menu" which has been developed in conjunction with renowned fitness & nutrition coach Alison Harding (http://www.zigzagpt.co.uk). See further details on our website www.huffkins.com.
Here at Huffkins we take eggs very seriously indeed and we'd like to say a huge thanks to Billy's Eggs in Gloucestershire who supply our free range local eggs. Poached eggs can be one of the most nutritious & satisfying starts to the day if they're done properly, but one of the most frustrating if they don't turn out as intended! Follow these tips for a cracking time...
- THE FRESHER THE BETTER: The fresher an egg it is the "tighter" it will poach as the egg white (albumen) becomes more fluid over time, increasing the chance of getting 'whispy' tails on your egg...
- SIMMER DON'T BOIL: Don't add an egg to water which is at a rolling boil, it's too violent & you'll likely end up with egg soup. You should take the water to a gentle simmer, not an aggressive boil. Add the egg delicately from a ramekin into a medium pan with about 3 inches of water up the sides for a straightforward approach.
- ADD A TEASPOON OF VINEGAR to the water. This lowers the temperature at which the white solidifies, helping you to achieve a perfect poach. 3 minutes is a good guide time for a runny yolk.
You can visit us across the cotswolds if you'd like to sample our Chilli Smashed Avocado & Eggs on Sourdough (pictured), or perhaps an Eggs Benedict or Royale if you'd rather. See our menu for more details.
Check out our brand new video tour of our newest location in Stratford upon Avon! We're on Bridge Street, opposite M & S, just around the corner from the renowned Royal Shakespeare Company making us perfect for a pre-theatre afternoon tea! This historic market town, renowned as the birth place of Shakespeare has so much to offer with over 800 years of history packed into its beautiful streets. Definitely one to put on the day-trip list if you haven't already!
Take a closer look at how we craft our eclairs, fresh cream cakes & tarts! Our craft bakery team is hard at work every day bringing you the freshest, traditional British baking in the heart of the Cotswolds.